Summer Guideline: In view of the increasing heat, the Ministry of Education has issued guidelines for schools. Many rules for protection from heat and heat have also been told. In the issued instructions, it has been said that in the summer the uniform should be touched. Students to wear canvas shoes instead of leather shoes (Summer Vacation 2022) may be allowed. Students may be advised to wear full sleeve shirts. The heat is increasing even more since the month of May. In such a situation, the Ministry of Education has (School Guidelines) Instructions have been given to deal with the trouble caused by summer. Read more complete guideline.
Change in school time and routine
- 1 Schools can start studies early and end before noon. The school opening time can be 7.00 am.
- 2. The total duration of studies in schools per day can be reduced.
- 3.Sports/other outdoor activities, which at present the students have to do only in the hot sun, can be organized appropriately in the morning.
- 4. The school assembly should be held either in a sunny area or in classrooms and its duration should also be reduced.
- 5 Similar care can be taken even during the holidays in schools.
- 1. There should not be more children in the school bus/van. It should have as many students as the total seating capacity of the students.
- 2. Drinking water and first aid kit should be available in the bus/van.
- 3. Students coming to school on foot/bicycle should be advised to keep their head covered.
- 4. Make parents aware to avoid public transport and stay in the sun for minimum time.
- 5. They should come to school to pick up the students.
- 6. Parking of school bus/van can be done in shady places.
keep drinking water in summer
- 1.Students may be advised to keep their water bottles, caps and umbrellas with them and use them when going out in the open.
- 2. Schools should ensure that they provide adequate potable water especially in many places where the temperature is lower than the surrounding.
- 3.Water cooler/earthen pot can be used to provide cold water.
- 4. In every class the teacher should remind the students to drink water from their water bottles.
- 5. Schools should ensure that students have water in their bottles while going back home.
- 6. Students should be made aware of the special importance of drinking proper amount of water continuously to avoid heatstroke and
- 7. Regularly drinking enough water from time to time should be advised.
- 8. Drinking enough water on a regular basis can increase the use of toilets, so schools should keep their toilets clean.
- 9. And should be prepared for it by keeping it clean.
Do’s and Don’ts of Students
- 1.What to do: Drink enough water even if you are not thirsty.
- 2. Use ORS or home-prepared drinks like lassi, torani (rice water), lemonade, buttermilk etc. to keep enough water in your body continuously.
- Wear light and light colored, loose, cotton clothes.
- 4. Keep your head covered with a cloth, cap or umbrella etc.
- 5.Stay indoors as much as possible
- 6.If you feel faint or ill, see a doctor immediately.
what not to do:
- 1. Do not go out of the house on an empty stomach or after having a lot of food.
- 2. Avoid going out in the sun, especially in the afternoon, if not necessary.
- 3. Avoid doing very tiring work in the afternoon when you are out of the house.
- 4. Do not go out of the house without wearing shoes and slippers.
- 5. Do not eat junk food / stale / spicy food.
Click here to read School Guidelines