In the last few years, Software Testing has become a very good career option in terms of professional development, learning experience and income. If you are a fresher and want to become an IT professional in future, then software testing It can prove to be a new beginning for your career. If you want to progress further in this field, then you can become a developer later.
Why is software testing the best option? The answer to this question is that this domain is one of those career fields which you know is not going to end anytime soon. Automation testing is becoming increasingly popular, but it is not one of those cases where automation leaves jobs; Be that as it may, it creates more jobs for QA engineers and software testers.
Software testing is not meant to be studied in engineering
Many candidates may be disappointed that the first assignment in their first job is related to the testing project. This is because software testing is not taught in the software engineering syllabus. We do not set out to assume that disciplines other than development, databases or networks have anything special to contribute to software development. So it is natural to feel a bit cheated. But in the midst of all this, nowadays a career in testing is becoming very popular as new technologies are constantly being added. So take advantage of the opportunity and give a new flight to your career as this domain is growing faster than ever.
Know the importance of software tester
The beauty of software development is that only with the help of computers and the Internet, great things can be created. Nowadays it is being used in almost all fields. You all must be familiar with the complexity and power of software. However, its development process and weaknesses and threats are also many. Many software systems are prone to malfunctions and are prone to failure. Whenever they fail amidst our increasing reliance on software, there are dire economic consequences.
A research conducted by software testing company Tricentis showed that in the year 2017, 3.6 billion people were affected by software failures and there was a financial loss of $ 1.7 trillion. It is clear that if there was no shortage of good software tester, then such a big loss could have been avoided. Therefore, today there is a great demand for software testers in all developed and developing countries.
What to do to become a software tester
- If you want to make a career in this field, then you can choose any course related to it. Many leading institutes of the country are offering diploma and degree courses for this. Usually the duration of the course in this field is short.
- Some of the top courses in this field are: Advance Diploma in Software Testing, Diploma in Software Quality Management and Diploma in Software Testing.
- Most of the top institutes get admission only after the entrance exam. The minimum educational qualification for admission is B.Sc. Although MSc, BE, BTech, MTech candidates also go to this field.
- The candidate should be able to speak and understand the English language well. Language knowledge is essential to move forward in this field. Apart from this, the candidate should have the ability to learn quickly and to convince anyone.
- Candidates are required to keep abreast of all the new softwares. Usually software testing is done as a team, so it is also important to have leadership quality.
job opportunities and earnings
There is a shortage of qualified candidates in this field. Companies like TCS (Tata Consultancy Services), Wipro, Satyam, Infosys etc. are looking for such candidates who can do software testing work well. Apart from offering very good salary to the deserving candidates, companies also provide other facilities. After gaining some experience, software testers get opportunities to work abroad. Let us tell you, all the big companies of this domain also do campus selection by going to the training institutes.
Top 10 Software Testing Institutes In India
- Techstack Academy, Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Kolkata
- Croma Campus, Delhi NCR (Noida)
- Aptron, Delhi NCR
- Juan Education, Chennai
- Agile Academy, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Madrid Software Training, Delhi
- ThinkNext, Chandigarh, Mohali
- Techno Geeks, Pune
- Webtech Labs, Delhi, Kolkata, Jaipur, Hyderabad
- Trisect, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune
Get the more latest Education news updates