HC’s advice to CBSE: Allow 10th and 12th students to change name in marksheet

  • Post category:Education

The Delhi High Court on Tuesday advised the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to make an arrangement for the students to change their name, surname and other information in the 10th and 12th grade marksheets and certificates. A bench of Chief Justice DN Patel and Justice Prateek Jalan asked the CBSE to consider the suggestion in view of the large number of petitions filed in this regard.

Delhi government requested CBSE to extend the last date for submission of examination fee

The bench said that such a suit is not right. The court said that this could be good for lawyers but not for the institute. Along with this, the bench advised the board to give a column or space in the form in which students are allowed to make changes as per their wish. The bench said, ‘Give a column in the form where people can make changes. This is his name and surname, not yours. Let them make changes as often as they need. After all, not all students are demanding this.

CBSE 10th 12th Exam 2021: Case Study Questions to be asked in CBSE 10th 12th Exam for the first time
The court said that the change requested may be included under any corner or certificate along with the information given at the beginning. During the hearing, the counsel appearing for CBSE said that the board does not authenticate anyone’s identity. He also said that he only records the information given for the first time.

On this, the bench said that you are not certifying identity. You prepare based on the information received. Therefore, whether it is the first, second or third time, you should make this change based on the information provided.
CBSE was hearing a petition against a single court bench ruling in March. The single bench had directed the change of mother’s name in her 10th and 12th grade marksheet and certificate on the petition of the student. Now the next hearing on this matter will be held on 20 November.

Read in Hindi

Leave a Reply