- IELTS exam is necessary for studying abroad
- Time Management is most important for IELTS
- Learn here easy tips for the exam
What is IELTS Exam? (What Is IELTS Exam?)
English is considered a global language. Whether to work abroad, make a career or study, it is very important to know English, but how do you know that your English is good?
For this, there is a test named International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The result of this test is not pass or fail, rather your English is rated between 1 to 9. On the basis of this, many universities give admission and companies give jobs.
it has 4 parts
There are 3 different texts to be read in the reading section. The time allotted for each section (all three sections) is 60-60 minutes. During this time all the questions have to be answered.
But if you are nervous about the test, then let us tell you easy tips for this test-
Also read: TET 2021 Exam Tips: If you want a teacher’s job, you will have to give this exam, know important preparation tips
IELTS Listening test tips
- Make good use of the time given to prepare the questions. Read their main points before recording begins.
- Listen carefully to the recording and focus more on the answers than on understanding everything. Remember that the recording is played only once.
- While listening to the recording, write short notes on your question paper.
- Write within the given word limit for each question.
- Before submitting the exam proofread and check if you have typed all the answers correctly. Apart from this, use good words while writing the answer.
IELTS Reading test tips
- Read each and every detail of marks and graph in the question paper to give a good answer at the time of exam.
- If you don’t understand a question, don’t waste time on it. Instead move on to the next. Those who do not know the answer, can take time later to do it.
- Don’t waste time writing on the question paper. There is a time limit and you will not get any extra time to write the answer later.
- Go through the questions carefully and focus on finding answers from the passage.
- Make sure that all answers are written to-the-point. Proofread before submitting.
- Try to use all the good words for your answers.
Also read: BPSC Exam 2022: Learn from experts important tips for exam preparation in 2 months
IELTS Writing Test Tips
- Think carefully about the given passages and questions and mentally prepare the answers correctly.
- Divide your time, keep 20 minutes for task 1 and 40 minutes for the rest of the task (as it is a longer question and takes more marks).
- Try to write more than 150 words for Task 1 and more than 250 words for Task 2.
- Avoid repeating words and writing different thoughts.
- Make sure you are writing the conclusion for Task 2.
- Write accurate and relevant answers. Avoid writing long paragraphs and sentences.
IELTS Speaking test tips
- speak slow and fluently
- Listen carefully to the questions asked, and answer correctly
- You can add more details to the answers, make sure the answers remain correct.
- If necessary, ask the examiner to repeat the question.
- Be confident while speaking.
- Don’t take long breaks.
- Pay equal attention to vocabulary, errors, grammar (vocabulary, range of tenses, grammar and sentence structure).