Good news for NET-JRF qualified students! Admission will be available on 60% seats of PhD

Keeping in view the provisions of the National Education Policy 2020, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has prepared a new plan regarding research. Under this scheme, 60 percent of the total seats earmarked for PhD in the university have been reserved for those students who have qualified NET or JRF. At the same time, on the remaining 40 percent seats, students appearing in the merit list will be given admission after clearing the examination to be conducted by the university or NTA. All universities have to implement it from this academic year itself.

The UGC has said that if eligible candidates are not selected against 60 per cent of the reserved seats, the university will also have the option of linking the vacant seats to 40 per cent of the open seats. If understood in easy language, then allotment of these vacant seats will be done from the merit list of PAT. It is worth noting here that in view of the National Education Policy, now the green signal has been given to implement the four-year degree program. That is, now the undergraduate program will be of four years. Earlier it used to be three years old.

Written exam will have to be given for admission

At the same time, students who have 7.5 CGPA in the four-year undergraduate program will have the option of taking admission in direct PhD. The same rule will be followed for PhD admissions in universities as well as CSIR, ICMR, ICR etc. from academic year 2022-23. First written exam will be taken for admission, which will be of 70 marks. After this, an interview of 30 numbers will also be taken. After admission, students will be required to bring at least 12 to 16 credits in the PhD program.

Old rules will also apply

However, students are also told that the current system applicable for taking admission in PhD in the university will also remain intact. This means that students who do three years of graduation and then two years of PG will be given admission in PhD. For admission, they have to give entrance exam in the university. They should also have 50 or 55 percent marks in their PG. Under the four-year degree program, students pursuing research or honors program will be given direct admission in PhD.

read this also

It is easy to become a university professor, without NET and PhD, you will get a post!

Part Time PhD: Good News!  Now you will be able to do part-time PhD, approval can be obtained from UGC soon, just have to submit this document

Part Time PhD: Good News! Now you will be able to do part-time PhD, approval can be obtained from UGC soon, just have to submit this document

News in Hindi: Now PhD is not necessary for teaching in Central Universities, UGC is bringing new rules

News in Hindi: Now PhD is not necessary for teaching in Central Universities, UGC is bringing new rules

Punjab government will set up research center on Hindu epics, CM Charanjit Singh Channi said - I will do PhD on Mahabharata

Punjab government will set up research center on Hindu epics, CM Charanjit Singh Channi said - I will do PhD on Mahabharata

Big relief to PhD researchers

At the same time, the new guidelines of UGC have also given great relief to PhD researchers. First they have to get their thesis published in any journal. It was absolutely mandatory. But now he will not need to publish the research paper of his thesis. However, this relaxation will be given only to the students taking admission from the upcoming academic session. Students will also have the option to patent the research.

Get the more latest Education news updates