University Grants Commission (UGC) has opened the registration window for four scholarship schemes. These include Ishan Uday Special Scholarship for North Eastern Region, PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child, PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders and PG Scholarship for SC, ST students pursuing professional courses.
Eligible candidates can apply for these scholarships by visiting the official website of National Scholarship Portal (NSP), scholarships.gov.in. The last date to apply for UGC Scholarship is 31 October. In such a situation, let us know the eligibility criteria, amount and other information for UGC Scholarship 2022.
UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship
- Eligibility: Students from North East states can apply for this UGC scholarship, whose annual family income from all sources does not exceed Rs 4.5 lakh annually.
- Scholarship Amount: Under the scholarship, Rs 5,400 per month will be given for general degree courses and Rs 7,800 per month for technical / medical / professional / paramedical courses.
- Selection Process: 10 thousand scholarships will be given every year. The distribution of slots among the states of North Eastern Region (NER) will be done on the basis of Population Census (Final). If slots remain vacant due to non-presence of eligible candidates in a particular state, then the vacant slots will be distributed equally among other states. Reservation for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) will be done as per the rules of Government of India.
UGC PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
- Eligibility: Students taking admission in the first year of postgraduate courses in a UGC recognized institute are eligible for this scholarship.
- Scholarship Amount: Under the PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child, girl students will be given Rs 36,200 annually.
- Selection Process: 3000 new scholarships will be provided every year. The girl students availing this scholarship can also avail other scholarships during the tenure of the scholarship.
PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders
- Eligibility: Students who have secured first and second ranks at the undergraduate level of a university and have taken admission in postgraduate courses are eligible for the scholarship.
- Scholarship Amount: Under this scholarship, Rs 3100 per month will be given to the students.
UGC PG Scholarship for SC, ST Students
- Eligibility: SC-ST students pursuing professional courses in a UGC recognized institute are eligible for the scholarship.
- Scholarship Amount: For ME and MTech courses, students will be given scholarship of Rs 7800 per month, while for other courses Rs 4500 per month will be given.
Get the more latest Education news updates