The Telephone Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) and the Department of Telecom (DoT) may soon launch a feature that will enable the caller’s name to flash on the screen of the other person being dialled. The name will be based on KYC details. According to a report, TRAI Chairman PD Vaghela said, ‘We have just received a reference and will start working on it soon. When someone calls, the name will appear as per KYC.
Let us know what is KYC-based caller name:
- The name will be shown as per the details on KYC.
- Often the KYC process is done while buying a new SIM or changing an old SIM.
- According to the telecom companies, with the help of internet the phone will be able to display the name on the screen.
- As per reports, it will provide transparency and users will not need to download multiple apps. There are huge risks to data privacy in such apps.
How will it be beneficial?
- This may identify spam calls and messages.
- This can also prevent digital fraud to a great extent.
- Users no longer have to install third party apps to identify numbers. And this will not affect privacy.
- These days we use many apps which give us information about who is calling us. Let’s know about those apps.
This app helps you to identify unknown incoming calls. Also warns about spam calls. Truecaller currently has over 250 million users worldwide.
With Truecaller as well as through this app you will be able to find out who is calling you even if that particular number is not in your phone book.
3. Call Clerk
You can see your caller’s name, number and a photo, Caller ID display window. Under this app you can block unknown caller id name and number.
4. Ascendis Caller ID 3
This caller id app tracks phone calls and gives you information about unknown person.
Latest Business News
Get the more latest news about Business