EPS Members Higher Pension: EPS members of the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) are getting a golden opportunity to get more pension. Members are taking full advantage of this opportunity. Till March 9, 2023, a total of 1,20,279 people have applied for higher pension on the online EPFO portal. The government gave this information in Parliament on Thursday.
Can apply till May 3-
According to the current rules of the Employees Pension Scheme, the basic salary of any employee may be high, but they used to get a chance to invest only up to Rs 15,000 in pension. But now after the change in the rules, the limit of Rs 15,000 has been removed. In such a situation, now the employees will be able to get the benefit of more pension. Only those people who are EPS members before September 1, 2014 can invest in this higher pension. The process of applying for higher pension was started from January 5. Its deadline was to end on March 3, 2023, which has now been extended to May 3, 2023. EPFO has issued a notification on March 13 informing about the extension of the deadline. Last year, after the Supreme Court’s order, EPFO allowed its EPS members to contribute more to the pension scheme.
How to apply for more pension-
- If you are a member of EPS before September 1, 2014, then you are eligible to apply for this higher pension scheme.
- First of all, you have to visit the EPFO office for higher pension.
- There you will have to fill an application form for this.
- Next you will have to choose the option of disclaimer and declaration in the joint option.
- All the necessary documents sought along with it
- Here you have to enter the registered number linked with Aadhaar.
- After this process the applicant will get a receipt number.
- Application You will be notified through email or SMS after the form is verified.
Many people have registered themselves on the e-Shram portal
Gold Silver Price: Gold and silver prices have increased today, know the rates of gold and silver in major cities
Get the more latest Business news updates