Aadhaar Bank Account Link Status: Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique identification number which is used for many purposes. Nowadays it has become mandatory to provide Aadhaar information and KYC while opening an account in bank or post office. Without this, many of your important tasks may come to a halt. According to the news of Times of India, recently 12,000 children in Himachal Pradesh did not receive their scholarship amount for the financial year 2022-23 because their bank account was not linked to Aadhaar. In such a situation, it is very important to check its status.
How to check status?
You can check which of your accounts are linked to Aadhaar by visiting the official portal of Unique Identification Authority of India ‘myAadhaar’. The thing to note is that according to RBI rules, if you have more than one account then it is necessary for you to link all the accounts with Aadhaar. If you want to check it then follow the steps given by us.
Check in this way whether your bank account is linked to Aadhaar or not –
1. For this, click on the official website of UIDAI https://uidai.gov.in/.
2. Next on the tab of My Aadhaar. Click and select Aadhar Service in the drop down menu.
3. Go to the Aadhaar Services section and click on Check Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking Status.
4. Next page will open in which you will get 12 number Aadhaar.
5. Next click on Send OTP and enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number here.
6. After entering the OTP, you will immediately know which bank account is linked to your Aadhaar.
What to do if bank account is not linked
Apart from this, if you want, you can also go to the bank to find out whether your account is linked to Aadhaar or not. In case the link is not available, you should go and fill the Aadhaar link form. Provide your Aadhaar and PAN information. Get the KYC done and after this your Aadhaar will be linked to PAN within a few minutes.
Read this also-
Get more latest business news updates