2000 Rupee Note Exchange: On Friday evening, the Reserve Bank of India announced that it is withdrawing the 2000 rupee note, the highest currency of India. . It is to be noted that after the demonetisation of 2016, the Rs 2000 note was issued by the RBI, which has now been decided to be withdrawn. The Reserve Bank has informed that between May 23, 2023 and September 30, 2023, 2000 rupee notes can be changed (2000 Rupee Exchange) by visiting banks. Along with this, these notes will remain in circulation till September 30 and no one can refuse to take them.
Change notes at banks
Reserve Bank has told people that they can deposit or exchange 2000 rupee notes by visiting their nearest branch. It has been said in its official note that people can go to the bank and change 2000 notes up to Rs 20,000 at a time. Apart from banks, 2000 rupee notes can also be changed by going to 19 Regional Offices of RBI. People are required to complete this work by September 30, 2023. We are telling you the step by step process of exchanging 2000 rupee note.
How to exchange 2000 rupee notes
1. If you also have 2000 rupee notes then there is no need to worry. You can easily exchange this note by going to any bank.
2. From May 23, you can change 2000 rupee notes by going to any bank.
< strong>3. First of all you go to your bank and reach the note exchange counter.
4. There you have to fill a slip to exchange notes.< br />5. In this form you will have to enter tender name, Aadhaar number.
6. Apart from Aadhaar, you will be able to carry driving license, voter ID card, Passport and NREGA card can also be submitted as ID.
7. Along with this, you will also have to give information about how many 2000 rupee notes you have,
< strong>8. Along with this, the total value of the note (maximum 20,000) can be changed.
9. After changing the note, you will have to sign the form and submit it.
10. While submitting the form, please enter the correct date and place.
Guidelines given to the bank
Reserve Bank has issued a special guideline to the banks for the convenience of the customers. According to this, it is necessary to have a separate counter in every branch to exchange 2000 rupee notes. Even if a person does not have a bank account, he can change his 2000 rupees by going to the bank. Banks cannot refuse to exchange the notes of those customers. Along with this, you will not have to pay any kind of fee to change the 2000 note.
Petrol Diesel Price: Petrol-diesel prices changed in many cities including Noida-Ghaziabad, know the new fuel rates
Get the more latest Business news updates