Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana is a government scheme in which there is a provision to give pension to the elderly and farmers under social security. Small and marginal farmers come under the purview of this scheme. By the way, all small and marginal farmers holding up to 2 hectares, whose age is between 18 to 40 years and whose names are included in the land records from 1.08.2019, can apply for pension under PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana .
On attaining the age of 60 years, the farmer who comes under the scheme is given a guaranteed pension of at least Rs 3000 every month. If the farmer dies, then 50 percent of the pension money is given to his wife (husband also if the woman is a farmer) as family pension. Under this scheme, if the farmer’s wife or woman is a farmer, then there is a rule to give family pension to her husband only.
Apply for PM Kisan Pension
- The farmer who wants to take advantage of this scheme will have to go to the nearest Common Service Center.
- To include your name in the scheme, along with Aadhar card and IFSC code, you will also have to provide a savings bank account. For bank account, copy of bank passbook or cheque, copy of check book or bank statement has to be given.
- After opening the account, the initial contribution will have to be deposited in cash with the Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE).
- The VLE will verify the Aadhaar number, name of the beneficiary and date of birth as printed on the Aadhaar.
- The VLE will complete the online registration on the basis of bank details, mobile number, email address, spouse’s name, nominee’s name.
- After registration, according to the age of the beneficiary, the system will give the account of monthly payment.
- After opening the account, the first installment will have to be deposited in cash with the VLE.
- The debit mandate form will be printed out from the system which will be signed by the beneficiary. The VLE will scan this form and upload it on the system.
- With this, a unique Kisan Pension Account Number or KPAN will be generated and the Kisan Card will be printed and received.
Benefits of Kisan Pension Scheme
- Under the pension scheme, a pension of up to Rs 3000 is given to the beneficiary on maturity. With this amount of pension, the farmer can meet his daily expenses.
- Till the beneficiary farmer attains the age of 60 years, till the age of 18 years to 40 years, he has to deposit Rs 55 to Rs 200 in the account every month.
- As soon as the beneficiary farmer turns 60, he has to submit a claim to get the pension. After this, a fixed amount starts getting deposited in the farmer’s account every month.
Get the more informations about Agriculture